The advancement of technology is disrupting the traditional forms of business. Organisations are competing with each other to make better impact on consumers. Amid exhaustive markets, businesses need to match the ever increasing technological demands of their customers.
Since the past two years, there has been a drastic shift in the way information is consumed. According to statistics, nearly 54% percent of the people use mobile devices, leaving behind desktops at 46%. To harness the increasing presence of consumers on mobile devices, brands must optimise their business websites to mobile.
To help this endeavor, Google had launched Accelerated Mobile Pages (AMP) back in 2015. Since its launch, more than 31 million domains have embraced Google’s AMP to create great user experience and novelty.
Mobile & Omni Presence
According to Adweek, nearly 70% of retail businesses are looking to emulate omni-channel marketing for business success.
In the digital era, it has become easier to understand user demographics in terms of interest and demand. Since the majority of website traffic is from mobile phones, businesses with the help of AMP can improve overall mobile user experience and establish seamless transition between desktop and mobile for their users.
Boost User Experience
Customers are always on the run and want to get things done at lightning fast speeds. Nearly half of the mobile users expect webpages to load in 2 seconds or less. If the webpages don’t load within that time, users are likely to abandon the site. E-commerce industry experts say that user abandonment does negative branding as unsatisfied users tend to share their experience with their peers.
AMP enables website designers to develop and deliver lightweight yet attractive content at high loading speeds. Webpages with AMP are four times faster than normal pages.
Optimal Website Performance
A website’s performance is determined by its bounce rate; the higher the bounce rate, the lower the performance of the website. Google finds that about 53% of page visitors bounce if the webpage takes more than three seconds to load. Nearly 79% of visitors abandon sites with poor performance. For every one second, the delay causes a 7% drop in revenue.
AMP enhances website usability and user engagement. A study by Forrester Consulting Total Impact reveals that AMP usage doubles the time spent by the user on the website. For instance, Twitter, a social networking company, has undergone a 10% reduction in bounce rate upon opting AMP.
Optimise Landing Pages
Google’s new update AMP Ads Landing Pages (ALP) is a boon for businesses as it drives more conversions along with traffic. The page load time of ALP page is less than a second. ALP provides high-end, interruption-free website navigation to visitors. Besides enhancing user experience, ALP pages drives sales of the website.
With zero redirects, prefetch and pre-connecting landing pages, ALP saves time for the user and preserves their interests.
Effective Brand Storytelling
Angel investor Neil Patel says AMP stories are more powerful when compared to traditional website stories. Nearly 92% of consumers like ads that have the look and feel of a story. For instance, CNN, a popular global media company, utilises AMP-driven brand stories to amplify their content online. With faster loading time, AMP allows brands to tell effective stories that can be embedded across websites and applications.
Need more advice? Feel free to contact us! firstname.lastname@example.org